Why Harbor Light Christian School
“…so you may walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God…”
- Over 30 years as a Community Christian School
- We are a school that prays!
- High parent involvement
- More than 20 area churches represented by staff and students
- Low Student-Teacher Ratio
- Faith-filled Education – Christian Curriculum, Biblical Christian-Worldview
- High Standardized Test Scores
- Quality MHSAA Athletic Programs – seeking victory beyond the scoreboard
- AP & College Courses
- Mission emphasis - local, national, and international
- Highly committed faculty
- One hour of bible teaching every day
Statement of Faith
- The sixty-six books of the Bible are the written Word of God. The Bible is divinely inspired and inerrant throughout. Its assertions are factually true in all the original autographs. It is the supreme authority in everything it teaches. Its authority is not limited to spiritual, religious, or redemptive themes but includes its assertions in history, science, the arts, and all other disciplines. No other writings or prophecies are equal to, superior to, or supersede the Bible.
Philosophy of Education
Christianity offers real answers to life's difficult questions of meaning and purpose. The fact that Christ is Creator, Redeemer, and Judge has tremendous implication on how we determine the basis of knowledge, truth, morality, which are essential components to any philosophy of education.
HLCS School Board
Harbor Light Christian School is located at 8333 Clayton Road in Harbor Springs.
Harbor Light Christian School History
Harbor Light Christian School opened its doors in the fall of 1985, but it was a vision that was birthed several years before by Pastor Bill Mindel and Dave & Bonnie DeRouchie. They believed that God was calling Harbor Light Community Chapel to start a school that would prepare children to be leaders for Christ in their community, country, and the world as well as teach from the perspective of a Christian World View.